Should You Hire A Female Private Investigator?
Long gone are the days of male only private investigators. Now you can hire a female private investigator to carry out any type of investigation whether for a personal or business matter.
It is not always necessary but you may have to decide whether a female investigator will be more suitable and beneficial for your case than a male, and it's useful to know why. In this article we go over the role women play in the investigations world and to help you decide what the PROs and CONs are (if any) in hiring a female private detective.
Why Use Female Private Detectives?
The female role in law enforcement has become more accepted over the last decades. Women are fully accepted in the military as well as the police and law enforcement agencies and they have proven their worth. There are some great benefits in using female private investigators but most of all it allows female clients to hire an investigator of the same sex. Why is this important?
It's important because hiring a lady detective can be more comforting for female clients. This can help put the female client more at ease as similar realities can be shared and a greater relationship between investigator and client can be developed.
Male and female investigators can work on pretty much the same case types, although private investigators who are female seem to have better qualities and abilities with some investigative tasks than males. Female investigators (and females in general) seem to have higher developed people skills, greater understanding and an innate ability at putting people at ease. These qualities have many advantages and benefits in the investigative field that puts the female ahead of their male counterparts.
The Benefits Of Hiring A Female Private Investigator
Thinking about what the purpose of a private investigator is, which is to obtain information (in whatever form) on people, places, objects, situations, etc. you can see the following female attributes and how advantageous hiring a female detective can be:
- Females generally have an ability to put people at ease.
- People are less threatened by a woman, which makes it easier to get closer to find out information.
- No one really thinks twice about a female sitting in a car outside a house or property, and are much less suspicious.
- Women can be more street smart as they tend to be the weaker sex physically, so have had to compensate by reading situations better.
- Women naturally have the nurturing instinct which makes them great for matrimonial issues, in particular where children are involved.
- Generally, women are better listeners. Being an investigator requires a thorough understanding of what's been said.
The Best Services Done By Female Private Investigators
Here's some examples where using a woman private investigator can be advantageous:
- Infidelity Investigations: female investigators are used widely in cheating spouse investigations as the woman investigator is less conspicuous than a male. Female investigators can also be used in "honey traps" which is a way of testing if a husband or partner is willing to have an affair.
- Matrimonial Investigations: divorce and separation cases are very sensitive and need some additional understanding, particularly if children are involved.
- Children Cases: working on investigations involving children such as child maintenance, finding missing children or abuse cases.
- Research: needing records or information that's not easily accessible, a female investigator can have the added quality of friendly persuasion.
- Surveillance: a female investigator is more aptly suited in certain surveillance operations and undercover work.
- Interviews: having the ability to build friendships and relax people makes a female detective ideal for conducting interviews with witnesses and suspects, and extracting a person's private thoughts.
These are just some of the services best conducted by female private investigators but they are not just limited to these. A female can and does the same types of investigation work as males do, but some investigative cases are best suited to women. It's also good to know that when you hire a private investigator and you hire a male, if the case warrants it, he will use a female investigator. Male investigators know that some cases should be carried out using females. You can ask a private detective agency if they will use a female for your case, or you can request one if you prefer.
We hope this gives you some insight into the benefits of whether or not hiring a female private investigator is more beneficial for your case. If you want to hire a male or female private investigator in your area then search our directory of private investigators.