Private Investigator Background Check
What Is A Background Check?
- Checking the identity of an individual
- Personal and character references
- Checking employment / employment history
- Checking education qualifications
- Special licenses
- Reference checks
- Arrest / criminal / court records
- Sex offender checks
- Military records
- Medical checks
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Financial status / credit reports
- Property ownership
Private Investigator Background Check Services
Private investigator background check services are done for a variety of reasons and for a variety of individuals and organizations. But before going into the different types of background checks and the reasons for using them, it's good to know that there are two approaches when checking someone out. These approaches are Overt and Covert background checks. What's the difference?
- Overt: an Overt (out in the open, not hidden) background check will be carried out with the FULL knowledge of the subject that the check is being done upon. The subject will have signed a consent form giving authority to ask for and obtain personal information about them.
- Covert: a Covert (hidden, not revealed) background check will be done by a background check investigator without the knowledge of the subject.
Personal Background Checks
Employment / Employee Background Check
Company Background Checks
Nanny Background Check
Tenant Background Checks
How Much Does A Private Investigator Background Check Cost?
- How reputable is the company - Does the investigation company have good online reviews, particularly about their background screening services?
- What does the check consist of - How detailed is the background check and what questions / information is requested?
- What online sources or databases are used - What are the different sources of where the information will be searched?
- Are the databases up to date and the information current - What is the frequency of updates or to what extent is the information up-to-date? It's not much use having out-dated information.
- Is it just an online background check - Some companies only do online database checks. You may want a more detailed physical boots-on-the-ground check done as well.
- Are there physical checks or visits carried out - Find out what, if any, actual visits are performed for the background check. Is it just online, emails, and phone calls to various sources?
- What levels / options of background checking are there - the investigation company may offer different types of background screening services at different prices.
- Level of importance - what is the purpose of the check and how important is it to get the maximum amount of the most up to date information possible?