Private Investigator Background Check
What Is A Background Check?
- Checking the identity of an individual
- Personal and character references
- Checking employment / employment history
- Checking education qualifications
- Special licenses
- Reference checks
- Arrest / criminal / court records
- Sex offender checks
- Military records
- Medical checks
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Financial status / credit reports
- Property ownership
What Types Of Private Investigator Background Checks Are There?
Investigator background checks are done for a variety of reasons and for a variety of entities and individuals. But before going into the different types of background checks and the reasons for them, it's good to know that there are two approaches when checking someone out. These approaches are Overt and Covert background checks. What's the difference?
- Overt: an Overt (out in the open, not hidden) background check will be carried out with the FULL knowledge of the subject that the check is being done upon. The subject will have signed a consent form giving authority to ask for and obtain personal information about them.
- Covert: a Covert (hidden, not revealed) background check will be done by a background check investigator without the knowledge of the subject.
Personal Background Checks
Employment Background Checks
Company Background Check
Nanny Background Check
Tenant Background Check
Landlord Background Check
How Much Does A Private Investigator Background Check Cost?
- How reputable is the company - Search for a background screening company that has good online reviews, or find out which companies others use.
- What does the check consist of - Find out how detailed the background check is and what questions / information are requested.
- What online sources or databases do they use - Get an idea of the different sources of where the information will be searched.
- Are the databases up to date and the information current - Find out the frequency of updates or to what extent the information is up to date. It's not much use having out-dated information.
- Is it just an online background check - Some companies only do online database checks. You may want a more detailed physical boots-on-the-ground check done as well.
- Are there physical checks or visits carried out - Find out what, if any, actual visits are performed for the background check. Is it just online, emails, and phone calls to various sources?
- What levels / options of background checking are there - the background check company may offer different types of background screening services at different prices.
- Level of importance - what is the purpose of the check and how important is it to get the maximum amount of the most up to date information possible?